Traveling as a group of pilgrims to the Holy Land can be one of the most spiritually fulfilling experiences of a lifetime. Perhaps you would like to organize your own pilgrimage. Organizing a pilgrimage will require prayer, planning and preparation. We can offer you assistance in planning your own pilgrimage. Please contact us for more information about our services.
As you begin developing your Holy Land Pilgrimage, we offer these suggestions:
- Begin planning for your trip 9-12 months in advance.
- Contact the Holy Land Franciscans (or a reputable Holy Land travel service) to discuss travel arrangements, accommodations, dates and itinerary.
- Be intentional about your pilgrimage and pray for the success of your trip each day.
- Finalize all aspects of the trip, including pricing, dates and itinerary.
- Select a “contact person” for all inquiries about the trip.
- Develop a promotional brochure.
- Develop a list of names and addresses to send promotional invitations (Generally, groups are about 30-50 people).
- Consider advertising for your trip in parish bulletins, Catholic newspapers and other outlets where you will find likely travelers.
- Plan for a “cut off” date for taking registrations. If need be, develop a “wait list” for travelers. It is not uncommon for travelers to cancel close to departure time.
- Consider having a meeting with travelers before the pilgrimage. An orientation to the trip helps to establish camaraderie among the group. It also can be a time to distribute final travel documents.
- Travelers should pack comfortable clothing. Trips to the Holy Land include a great deal of walking so bring comfortable shoes.
To visit the Holy Land is a spiritual journey. The Holy Land Franciscans want to help you make it a success.
Have questions about booking? Let us help you!